What services can the Alliance provide?
- Claims Handling -Licensed Claims Staff have multiple years of claims experience administering, managing, investigating, adjusting and settling claims in the following states:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY.
- Accounting – with multiple full time CPA’s on staff, the Alliance has in depth experience with Statutory Accounting principles and policies.
- Underwriting – Alliance underwriters fully understand the unique processes of underwriting FAIR Plan business. They are also able to manually rate, as well as test your systems rating.
- Auditing (Claims and Underwriting) – Alliance staff can perform both claims and underwriting audits of your Plans work. Alliance staff can also conduct audits using your Plans claims or underwriting committees.
- Payroll Services – our Alliance staff can work with the vendor of your choosing to handle your payroll services. We have experience in working with ADP as well as Paycor.
All Alliance employees are cross trained in multiple areas within the organization to allow for efficiencies in operation. With an ability to scale up quickly when needed (ie. CAT’s, or market changes).
Alliance employees have continued education with many holding CPCU, AIC, AINS, AU, or other designations. Almost all Alliance employees have tenured experience in the standard industry working for carriers such as State Farm Insurance, Allstate Insurance, Allied Insurance, Hanover Insurance, Safeco Insurance, Progressive Insurance, AAA Insurance, Westfield Insurance, etc.
How does a Plan join the Alliance?
A FAIR Plan that is seeking solutions related to cost and service sharing and are aligned with the overall Mission of the Alliance is welcomed to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases, a simple Non-Disclosure Agreement allows the communication process to begin. The NDA allows for open communication, systems and process review, and communication between the Alliance and the FAIR Plan seeking cost sharing and savings solutions. Should the FAIR Plan seeking solutions decide to move forward, the Alliance will provide a Master Services Agreement along with a Statement of Work which will clearly outline the conditions and services offered. The Master Services Agreement document has been vetted by counsel in multiple states, board members, and industry representatives and is a standardized document used for all states who have joined the Alliance. The Statement of Work defines the work that the Alliance will perform as a Service Provider.
Who are the Board Members?
The Alliance is governed by a board represented by (1) a national trade association; (2) three trade organizations representing insurers of various interests; (3) one licensed insurance agent; (4) one additional member who meets the requirements of 1, 2 or 3 above. Current representation includes State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, Farm Bureau, Independent Agent.
Who is the Alliance Leadership?
The Alliance is led by Executive Director Mark Hillis, Alliance Assistant Director and Manager Melissa Chlon and Assistant Alliance Manager Erin Lux. Illinois Plan President Joe Hathaway is a founding member.